Italian Meringue Buttercream!From courtbot 6 years ago
How to make it
- Boil water and sugar until it registers 116 degrees celcius on candy thermometer.
- While boiling (this will take roughly 8-10 minutes), whip egg whites (with drop of cream of tartar or lemon juice added just after foamy) until stiff but not dry.
- Once water and sugar reach correct temperature, carefully remove from heat and pour slowly into whites while mixer is on med-high. Be extremely careful of the syrup, it is very hot and can burn you very badly! (I know from experience!)
- Once syrup is emptied into mixing bowl, continue to whip until the bowl feels lukewarm to touch. (it will be hot at first) If the meringue goes liquidy, don't worry! slow down mixer to avoid splashing, and add butter just as directed below but wrap mixer with saran wrap to contain spills.
- Add butter in small cubes, while mixer is on med-low. Once all added, just let'er whip until it becomes smooth silky and creamy!
- It takes a bit of time, but it WILL come together. If butter was too cold when added, you may need to heat up a small amount of icing to re-silkify the frosting.
- add flavorings after! You can add melted (cooled to room temp) chocolate, vanilla, coffee, orange juice, everything!
- Cream cheese- whip cream cheese and slowly incorporate buttercream. It will be delicious!
The Cookcourtbot St Johns, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!