Mexican Meatball FlatacowichFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2lbs lean ground meat(I used venison) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cornbread or cornbread cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1t ground cumin shopping list
- 1t ground coriander shopping list
- 1T chili powder shopping list
- 1/4-1t cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1t hot sauce(I used chipotle Tabasco) shopping list
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce shopping list
- 4oz diced green chilies(if using canned, drain) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- about 36-40oz enchilada sauce(you can use 1/4 cup of this for the meatballs :) shopping list
- 4oz diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream or Mexican crema shopping list
- 12 flat breads(about 5-6 inches) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Combine enchilada sauce and chilies in medium, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, slightly lower heat to a high simmer and let simmer until reduced by about half, stirring often.
- When meatballs, from below, are done, add sour cream to sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.(I use my hands :)
- Mix well.
- Form into rounded T sized balls and place on cooling rack over a cookie sheet, both of which have been sprayed with no stick spray(I also line my sheet with foil for easy clean up :)
- Bake at about 450 for about 17-20 minutes until done.
- Warm flat breads in cast iron or similar skillet until pliable and warmed through(I coated my pan with a lil corn meal to help give a Mexican flair)
- Layer warmed bread with shredded Monterey Jack, meatballs, sauce and fresh cilantro. Give a lil squeeze of lime juice.