Sassy's Rice Krispies BarsFrom chefmal 4 years ago
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 6 cups Rice Krispies® (Might be a bit too much, I would add 5 1/2 cups to start) shopping list
- or 6 cups cocoa Rice Krispies® shopping list
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I only used 1/2 pkg and it was enough) shopping list
- 1 cup butterscotch chips shopping list
How to make it
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2” pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. (Or use a makeshift bain-marie like I did)
- Let stand until firm. Cut into 2 x 1” bars when cool.
- Note: Before measuring the corn syrup, coat your measuring cup with cooking spray—the syrup will pour easily out of the cup.
- Chef addendum: I did not like the consistency of the chocolate when it melted so I added a drop of almond milk and a few pats of unsalted butter to smooth it up. Not sure what I did wrong but it came out spreadable but not melted-chocolate syrupy-creamy like I wanted. It was really good though. All the kids at the party were snubbing the real food for these, it made the parents furious!! LOL Way to go, sassy!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!