Surf And Turf PizzaFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1lb medium shrimp, raw, and peeled and deviened shopping list
- 2T butter, melted shopping list
- 2t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Old Bay or similar seafood seasoning shopping list
- 2 8oz fillets of beef, cooked rare-medium rare, but lightly seasoned, sliced thin and in bite size pieces shopping list
- 2 shallots, sliced into rings shopping list
- 3T fresh parsley shopping list
- 6 approx 6 inch flat breads shopping list
- olive oil and favorite garlic/herb seasoning blend shopping list
- about 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese shopping list
For lemon pepper Cream Sauce
- 4T butter shopping list
- 3T corn starch shopping list
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream(don't sub whole, or lowfat milk) shopping list
- juice from 1 large lemon shopping list
- 1t lemon zest shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1t black fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Toss shrimp with 2T melted butter, lemon juice and seafood seasoning.
- Grill about 1 min per side until JUST beginning to curl and change color.
- Drizzle one side of each flat bread with olive oil, then sprinkle with the garlic/herb blend.
- Bake at 400 for about 5 minutes, or, alternately, toss 'em on the grill for a couple minutes. See Photo
For Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce
- Melt butter in small, heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add garlic and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and stir to coat all starch with butter, making similar to a blond roux.
- Add cream and whisk well while heating to a boil. As soon as it boils, reduce heat and continue to stir making sure it's smooth and thick.
- remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, zest and pepper and stir well
To assemble Pizza
- Spread each flatbread with a small bit of sauce. See Photo
- Top with parsley, shrimp, steak, shallot and Parmesan cheese See Photo
- Bake at 400 for about 7-10 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browning and pizza is warmed through.
- Top with extra lemon zest, if desired.
- *the pizzas can be put together with all components at room temperature, so no need to drive yourself crazy trying to get the timing exactly right. :)