Chicken White Chili With Cheesy Jalapeno Hushpuppy TopFrom mrcooksalot 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 3 tablespoon chili powder (Gebherts is what I use) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans shopping list
- 2 cups Grilled chicken, chopped shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 3-4 medium Hatch green chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno chopped fine shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 (6-ounce) package cornbread mix (recommended: Martha White brand Cotton Pickin’ or buttermilk) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar shopping list
- sour cream, optional, for garnish shopping list
- salsa, optional, for garnish shopping list
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, optional, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 cup onion, garlic, green pepper, cumin, and chili powder, and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Add the lime juice, cannellini beans, chicken, broth, and green chiles, and stir until just combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg. Add the milk, butter, and cornbread mix, jalapeno, and blend well. Stir in 1/4 cup onion and the cheese. Pour over the chicken chili in the skillet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- If desired, top with sour cream, salsa, and cilantro before serving.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!