Deep Fried WontonsFrom Yinhomemade 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 packet of wonton wrappers (square ones) shopping list
- ½ small bowl of water (use to seal wanton skin) shopping list
- Fillings: shopping list
- Minced pork/chicken, prawns ( you can replace with veggie fillings) shopping list
- spring onions – finely chopped shopping list
- light soy sauce to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. corn flour or potato starch (to soften the mince) shopping list
- Sprinkle of pepper shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- cucumber/tomato – slice into thin pieces and place around the plate shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a bowl, combine minced pork with the marinade ingredients. Mix them well and set aside.
- 2. Place a wonton wrapper on the palm of your hand. Place ½ tsp filling in a corner of the wrapper, fold up to make a small triangle.
- 3. Fold the triangle to the middle.
- 4. Turn wonton with triangle face down and moisten the left corner edge of the wrapper with water.
- 5. Overlap the right end corners to left moist corner and pinch the ends firmly to seal it creating a nurse cap looks （refer photo）
- 6. Once completed, place them on a plate, cover with a dry towel and set aside.
- 7. The wontons can be prepared in advance covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated, rest at room temperature before frying.
- 8. Heat up oil in a wok over medium heat.
- 9. Frying in batches, slowly slide the wontons into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- 10. Remove and drain oil on paper towels, transfer to platter and garnish with cucumber slices.
- 11. Serve hot as finger food with chili or mayonnaise sauce as desired.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
The Rating1 people
These are a delicious, easy, quick snack that I make all the time. I use ground pork and add just a tiny bit of fresh cilantro to the filling. Yum, yum, yum!!warsawnan in Warsaw loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!