Easy Chicken And NoodlesFrom alaskanmom 8 years ago
- 1 large can (49-1/2oz) chicken broth, (if I've poached some chicken I use the reserved broth from that.) shopping list
- 2-3 cups water(enough liquid to boil noodles in.) shopping list
- 1 (16oz) bag Mrs. Reams Homestyle egg noodles (found in the freezer section) shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/2 Cups cooked chicken, shredded or chunked. Use any left over chicken you have poached or canned. shopping list
- salt/pepper shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot with the broth & additional water, cook the noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, shred or cube the chicken.
- When noodles are done add the chicken, salt, pepper and butter.
- Heat through and serve over mashed potatoes or biscuits.
- The first night it will be more soup like, but kept in the fridge over night, it thickens up alot. If my husband wants it thicker the first night, he'll add some cornstarch to make it thicker.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
The Rating4 people
This is indeed a very yummy soup. I make this quite often but in my recipe I start with a whole chicken and then debone it and shredd it toss it back in the pot with all that wonderful chicken broth that it has been cooking in and toss in the frozen ...moremodmom50 in Lawrence loved it
Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm... enough said ;-)lor in Toronto loved it