Minnesota Chicken Wild Rice SoupFrom sharebear1 4 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large leeks, diced (about 2-1/2 cups) shopping list
- 2-3 carrots, diced (1 cup) shopping list
- 3 celery stalks, diced (1 cup) shopping list
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced (2 cups) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chives shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 8 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-n-half shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry sherry shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the wild rice according to the directions on the package. Wild rice generally takes 55-60 minutes to cook.
- While thats cooking in a large soup pot, melt the butter and sauté the leeks, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic and thyme on medium high heat. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour and stir until blended into the vegetables. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover, turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the wild rice, chives and chicken. Stir in the cream, half-n-half and sherry. Cook until thoroughly heated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
The Rating3 people
OHHH EMMM GEEEE, No South of the border recipe.... HA HA HA.. Great post with no Jalapeno's Good job SB..mrcooksalot in Denver loved it
MINNESOTA NICE!dragonfood in Chaska loved it
DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!