Simple & Savory Cornish Game HensFrom sweetstacia 2 years ago
- 2 Cornish game hens shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite chicken seasoning (i have my own that my grandmother came up with) shopping list
- 1 lemon, quartered shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 24 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2/3 cup white wine shopping list
- 2/3 cup plus a little extra to pour into roasting pan low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- 2.Rub hens with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper, and chicken seasoning both inside and out. Sprinkle the chopped Thyme, lemon wedge and 1 sprig rosemary in cavity of each hen. Arrange in a large, heavy roasting pan, and arrange garlic cloves around hens. Pour 1/3 C chicken broth into the roasting pan. Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- 3.Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, chicken broth, and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer, or until hens are golden brown and juices run clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- 4.Transfer hens to a platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency, about 6 minutes. Cut hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and garlic around hens. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and serve.
The Cooksweetstacia Hutto, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!