Dry Rub For Grilled Roasted ChickenFrom alaskanmom 7 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 (4 or 5 lb) whole chicken shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 (12oz) can beer of your choice, (we use a beer that's brewed up here) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Preheat gas grill.
- Wash & pat dry the chicken with a paper towel.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil, and rub the dry rub all over the chicken. If there's extra rub, pour remaining rub inside the chicken's cavity.
- Set aside.
- Open the beer, pour (or drink) about 1/4 cup, and punch another hole in the top.
- Carefully place the beer can in the center of the grill over indirect medium heat and place the chicken cavity over the can(bottom end down)
- Close grill lid & cook 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees in the breast.
- Carefully remove the chicken & can from grill using a pair of tongs(to hold the chicken) and a spatula to go underneath the beer can.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
The Rating3 people
I do the beer can chicken... this sounds wonderful.... will give it a try...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I tried this on regular baked chicken and it was great! So good that when I lost the paper I wrote it on, I searched again for it until I found it here... now I've created an account so that I won't have to worry about losing it again!liannenc in Concord loved it
Nice rub. This is the second time around for me.
See Dry Rub For Grilled Roasted Chicken
4/6/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it