Chocolate Cream Pie Or Vanilla Cream CoconutFrom recipediva 9 years ago
- 3 LARGE boxes (not the small ones) chocolate or vanilla pudding, NOT INSTANT!! shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk (this is lot less then normal pie filling or what you would need per box directions) shopping list
- cook till thick stir constantly to avoid sticking to bottom shopping list
- cool in bowl covered with wax paper (avoids skin from forming on top) shopping list
- This will look almost like fudge. shopping list
How to make it
- Pie crust: bake crust till light brown & cool crust.
- You may use Graham cracker crust if you wish.
- Whip pint of cream with 10X sugar to taste.
- Beat pudding till loose 30 seconds or so.
- FOLD not beat 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the whip cream into pudding keeping
- It still firm enough to hold together as a pie.
- Fill crust with mixture and use rest of whip cream to cover pie generously more the better.
- Can add toasted coconut to the vanilla cream pie. Make the pudding a day ahead before putting the pie together.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating2 people
I've made this before, forgot about it, thanks for reminding me of this great pie! yummmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it