Peach ClafoutiFrom noir 8 years ago
- A different kind of ingredient list...but please follow the order :) shopping list
- **Combine in bowl and then put in fridge for an 1 hour to let the peaches ooze their juices: shopping list
- 5-7 ripe peaches peeled and sliced to make 3 cups or a bit more shopping list
- 1/4 cup cognac shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- **After the hour for the fruit: shopping list
- Drain the cognac, sugared juices from the peaches into a measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 1/4 cup liquid. shopping list
- **Put in blender in following order: shopping list
- **The aforementioned liquid** shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 TBS vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/3 tube of marzipan (or 1 tsp almond flavoring) shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Cover blender and blend at top speed x 1 minute
- Pour 1/4 inch layer (or less) batter in 7-8 cup lightly buttered baking dish about 1 1/2 inches deep
- If it won't break on the stove, set over moderate heat for a minute or two till batter has set. My dish would break, so I microwave it for about 15-30 seconds, which is why thinner on the bottom is better for me.
- Spread the peaches over the set batter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the peaches (Try and use a cinnamon grinder- just grind a decent amount over them)
- Pour the remaining batter from the blender over the peaches.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for an 1hour- the clafouti should look lightly browned and puffy.
- Serve Warm with a slight dusting of powdered sugar and/or whipped cream.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating2 people
Comfort Foods773 members
Back To Basics346 members
Coffee Masters66 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members