Balsamic Tomato Pasta Sauce With MushroomsFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or comparable amount of minced) shopping list
- 2 8-oz packages white mushrooms, thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage shopping list
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 28-oz cans Italian-style crushed tomatoes in heavy puree shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the onions, garlic, mushrooms, parsley, Italian seasoning and rubbed sage in olive oil until the onions are translucent but not browned. If the mushrooms have absorbed the oil and the pot seems dry, drizzle in a little more oil.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the initial vinegar aroma has subsided. Pour in the crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally and simmer, (partially covered to avoid spluttering), for 45 minutes, or longer if you have the time.
- Serve over your choice of pasta and top with parmesan cheese if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookgkwillow City, State
The Rating2 people
This sounds absolutely fabulous, GK, as I LOVE Italian food. I'll be trying this really soon, and when I do, I'll rate it and post a review in "I Made It".
This has now become one of my favorite Italian gravy bases. Thanks for posting Gkwillow!!
WOWWWW!! I love most anything Italian, but this is one of those recipes that I really do appreciate, because there's so much you can do with it. I made it as is, no changes... it is wonderful!!