Red Italian Wedding SoupFrom gabysegalla 4 years ago
- 4-5 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 stalk celery shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- parsley, basil, oregano - fresh or dry (about 1 tbs of each, dry) shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (chunky vegetable) shopping list
- 1 can of cannellini beans shopping list
- 2-4 Spicy Italian sausages shopping list
- crushed red pepper (1/2 tsp.) shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 - 3/4 box of Pastina (or your favorite small pasta) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. While you bring the stock to a simmer in a stew pot, chop all of the vegetables.
- 2. Cut the sausages into tiny pieces and brown them on medium-high heat.
- 3. Add the vegetables to the pot, including the frozen peas. Then add the sausage when it's ready with the canellini beans (drain and rinse the beans).
- 4. Add the spices.
- 5. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 6. Add the pastina, and simmer for another 3-4 minutes (or however long is needed for the pasta of your choice).