Crepes Stuffed with Ham, Swiss Cheese & AsparagusFrom Good4U 5 years ago
- I will just give approximate portions for 2 crepes. Then you can add accordingly. shopping list
- 5 slices of thinly sliced cooked ham of your choice. shopping list
- 4 slices of swiss cheese shopping list
- 6 asparagus spears or more cooked to your liking shopping list
- maple syrup or Pancake syrup Drizzled over (optional) shopping list
- Or Hollandaise sauce (optional) is excellent on this as well. shopping list
- crepes (makes approximately 10 large crepes) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 quarter teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk ( you will probably need more) shopping list
- 1 quarter cup of melted butter or oil shopping list
How to make it
- FOR CREPES
- Mixer or whisk method
- In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs and salt.
- Gradually add flour alternately with milk beating with an electric mixer or whisk. Beat in melted butter or oil. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To rest and up to 24 hrs. (You will need more milk and mix well if leaving it overnight.)
- In a large non stick fry pan. Add a tad of oil or butter. Cook on medium heat. Add a ladle full of crepe mixture and swirl around pan in a circle trying to cover the pan and edges. .*Note you do not need to add any more oil or butter to the pan. It is like a pancake, the first is not perfect.
- If you find the batter a bit thick, add more milk like a half a cup to 1 cup or more. Do not turn over until you see bubbles coming up around and the edges slightly dry and starting to brown. Turn it over at this point and finish cooking. *Note you might have to lower the heat a bit to get them just right. Then place the crepe on a plate. Repeat this process until batter is gone. I usually get around 10 large crepes or more.
- NOW ON WITH THE SHOW!
- Take a crepe and place the nicest looking side down on the plate. Place cooked ham slices, then Swiss Cheese and top with asparagus spears. Roll the crepe, it will then look like a wrap. Repeat for as many crepes you are going to eat. Heat crepes on an oven proof dish. Bake for a few more minutes in a toaster oven to melt the cheese. In a microwave try 20- 30 seconds on high.
- Place crepes on a plate and drizzle with Maple Syrup or Hollandaise sauce or they are just great plain too! Enjoy:) It is love at first bite!
- *If you are planning on freezing some . I stack these onto parchment now, but you can use wax paper. Then cover them with plastic wrap for the freezer then seal them in a large plastic bag. See Photo. It is easy to pop one off to use, almost immediately. They thaw fast on the counter. If reheating I use a toaster oven on bake for a minute or so or you can put it in the microwave oven for about 20 to 25 seconds on high.
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
The Rating2 people
Absolutely delicious! The crepe recipe is spot on! I skipped the fridge and threw directly in the pan and it worked out fine for me. Fried the asparagus and ham in the same pan together with a little butter. When making the crepes only use a TAD ...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Oh my goodness this sounds delectable! Might try make for Mom and I this coming week. Thanks Joce!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
LOVED this! Mom had never had crepes before so I decided this morning was the morning! I got 15 8" crepes out of the recipe! Not a huge maple syrup fan so switched it up with Hollandaise instead. NOM NOM! Used up my last slice of Havarti for one...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it