Dark Chocolate Caramel MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup oat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp egg replacer powder shopping list
- 3 tbsp cold water shopping list
- 7 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 warm milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups Dulce de Leche or caramel ice cream topping, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, line muffin cups with paper liners and grease the top of the muffin tin.
- Whisk tgether flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg replacer powder and cold water, then add brown sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and 1/3 cup of the Dulce de Leche.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining Dulce de Leche into the batter and swirl through without mixing it in.
- Fill muffin tins almost full with the batter.
- Bake 20 minutes. Best eaten when still slightly warm, but freeze well and can be reheated in the microwave.