Slow Simmered Beef Soup With Beets And PotatoesFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds beef marrow bones shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 pound lean stew beef, cut into cubes shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 medium beets, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Put the marrow bones, water, beef, bay leaves and vinegar in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Skim off any foam that rises to the top.
- Simmer the soup slowly, covered, for 3 hours.
- Add the beets, potatoes, onion, sea salt and pepper, and continue to slowly simmer, covered, for an additional 3 hours.
- To serve, remove the bones. If desired, allow the soup to chill then skim the fat from the top of the soup.
- Reheat and serve garnished with parsley.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating4 people
Aha, most certainly a great way to get beets into this family. I love beets and the vinegar would be the perfect flavor addition to cut all the richness for the beef. YUMMYnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I made this soup tonight for my family and it was a big hit. The most surprising part is that my husband won't eat a beet unless it is pickled, but he loved this soup and raved about it!damiadedannon in loved it