Baked Chicken CapreseFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- For breaded Chicken: shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs mixed with a touch of freshly grated parmesan, garlic powder & dried parsley shopping list
- Caprese Topping: shopping list
- 5 ripe strawberry tomatoes (or cherry/grape tomatoes), cut in half shopping list
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 large fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken just a bit to even thickness. Coat it lightly with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil into the breadcrumb mixture and stir to coat. Place the chicken breasts in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing down to adhere on each side. Transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and on each piece place 2 basil leaves, 2 slices of cheese and 5 pieces of tomato. Lightly season the topping with salt and pepper. Turn oven to broil and place chicken back in oven. Broil until tomato starts to slightly blister and cheese melts and gets some color on it.