Ancho And Chipotle Chili With Cannellini and Black BeansFrom swiftset 5 years ago
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, venison, or a mix) shopping list
- 2 large onions, diced shopping list
- 1 large poblano pepper shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp ancho chili pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 (28 oz) can diced peeled tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Dos Equis shopping list
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a 5-quart dutch oven or the equivalent up to temperature at medium-high. Saute the onions and peppers in 2 tbsp of oil until the onion starts turning transparent; add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the meat and cook until browned. Now add the seasonings and mix to incorporate.
- Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and Dos Equis. Bring to a boil. Add the beans. Simmer briskly, uncovered, until the chili reaches your preferred consistency, cooking for at least an hour. Cover the pot if you need to continue simmering once your desired consistency has been reached.
The Cookswiftset Pasadena, CA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!