Creamy Dijon Mustard, Marsala Pork MedallionsFrom Good4U 3 years ago
- 1 pork tenderloin ( silver skin removed ) shopping list
- A small bowl of all purpose flour seasoned with salt and pepper for drenching the meat in. shopping list
- 2 1/2 ounces of butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 fluid ounces of *Marsala wine or white vinegar. shopping list
- 6 black peppercorns crushed with a pestle and mortar ( you could crack it large with a pepper grinder) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups or more of 10% cream (you can use a higher % if you want) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 1/2 ounces of Dijon style mustard or 1 ounce to start if you wish. shopping list
- I used creamy style Maille Dijon mustard adjusted to my taste shopping list
- 2 to 3 cups large flat noodles cooked according to directions. shopping list
- 6 cremini mushrooms sliced, (Optional) Perhaps you could used caramelized onions instead? shopping list
How to make it
- Take pork tenderloin and cut into 3/4 inch pieces to make the medallions. Place a medallion on plastic wrap cover again with plastic wrap. On a solid surface pound with meat mallet or rolling pin until you have 1/4- 1/2 inch thick rounds. Continue this process until all meat is pounded.
- In a sauce pot add water and cook flat noodles as directed.
- In a large fry pan or skillet add butter on medium heat.
- Take pieces of of pork and drench in flour making sure it is all coated. Add to pan browning on both sides and if need be do in batches. Remove the pork and set aside on a plate. It will be fork tender at this point already.
- Add *Marsala or vinegar and crushed pepper to the fry pan and stir making sure you mix up all bits from the bottom of pan bring to boil. Reducing by two thirds. Bring down to simmer about 5 minutes and add the mustard and stir in cream. Add pork and gently stir back in sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes. They will be beyond fork tender.
- If desired fry mushrooms in separate pan until browned.
- Drain noodles place required amount on plate and add the meat and sauce. If using mushrooms place on top. Garnish if you wish:)
- * Marsala is optional the original recipe was vinegar and no mushrooms. Perhaps you could used caramelized onions instead?
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!