Skillet Chorizo Stuffed Banana PeppersFrom otterpond 2 years ago
- 3 oz Chorizo Mexicano shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 cup turnip, Raw shopping list
- 6 medium tomatillos shopping list
- 1/4 medium onion Vidalia shopping list
- 1/3 cup Barilla tomato And basil Sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup Shiraz shopping list
- 1 tbsp pure olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic Clove shopping list
- 12 medium banana pepper, Raw shopping list
- 1/2 cup Queso Blanco shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the Banana Peppers:
- Blanch the banana peppers by dropping into boiling water for about 5 minutes. You want them tender but not too soft. Remove and drop into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and cool. Carefully slice off the top and reserve this. It will be your cork to hold the innards in the pepper while you grill them. Use a small paring knife to remove the seeds.
- Prepare the Skillet Chorizo:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet to Saute the sliced fresh jalapeno, sliced garlic, sliced onion, shredded turnip until nicely softened. Add a touch of water if it gets too hot in that skillet. Slice up the tomatillo into bite sized pieces and toss into the skillet mixing well. Thinly slice and halve the chorizo and add that to the skillet as well. Toss and let heat on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the tomato sauce and wine and pour over the chorizo mix. Toss well again. Reduce the heat and cover. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stuffing the Peppers:
- Heat your grill and spreay the grill plates with Pam so it isn't too tough to clean up afterwards.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded queso blanco to the well cooled chorizo mix and stir thoroughly. Use your finger to push the mix into the banana peppers. I found grabbing a slice of the chorizo to be a good pusher to get the mix all the way to the bottom. find the pepper cap and secure in place with two toothpicks. Repeat this for each pepper. Rub each stuffed pepper with olive oil and lay on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side. See Photo
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/skillet-chorizo/#ixzz1PSjPWNBv