Shaved Ham In The Slow CookerFrom keni 5 years ago
- 2lbs ham, sliced thin, but not falling apart, thin(don't use previously frozen, and if you use deli, make sure you squeeze as much excess liquid from it as you can) shopping list
- 2-4 cups thick mustard based BBQ sauce--if buying one, look for a honey mustard, or "Carolina" style, etc, if you wanna make one, try this... it's the one I used! :) How Do I Make B B Q Sauce shopping list
- 1 large vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced shopping list
- 8oz dill Havarti, sliced shopping list
- leaf lettuce shopping list
- sliced tomatoes shopping list
- sandwich buns shopping list
How to make it
- Toss ham, BBQ sauce and onion into slow cooker, making sure to separate ham slices and cover as much as you can with sauce. This is especially important if you won't be around for the next few hours, to give it a nice stir once it starts to warm and cook down.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Ham will begin to basically fall apart as it cooks, and you will end up with a pile of flavorful "shaved" ham.
- As usual, you can take off the lid and let it thicken a bit in the end, if desired. Some ham is gonna yield more water than others.
- Serve ham(use a slotted spoon if it's too liquidy) on buns with cheese, tomato and lettuce.