Quesadillas (spinach and pine nut)From jeef_boner 1 year ago
How to make it
- In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast the pine nuts till they look done (aroma increases, some turn brown, but always keep them moving) and set aside
- While that's going on, nuke the spinach to wilt it (see ingredients)
- Spray frying pan with olive oil spray, and put a single tortilla in.
- Add 1/4 each of the cheese, pine nuts, spinach and hot sauce / salt / pepper to taste
- Put another tortilla over the top of it and spray that with oil
- By now the tortilla sandwich should be ready to turn, so flip it with a spatula / fish slice
- Wait for the other side to brown, then remove, slice and serve.
- 1 - I use aged cheddar, I think that would be a decent Jack cheese in America.
- 2 - Hot sauce would be your local equivalent of tabasco. In New Zealand I use Kaitaia Fire.
The Cookjeef_boner Auckland, NZ
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!