S. S. S.From keni 2 years ago
- about 2lbs firm tomatoes, chopped into at least 1/2 inch pieces(I used some yellow heirloom and cherry tomatoes, halved) shopping list
- 1/4-1/2lb smoked bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- about 2 cups fresh corn, just blanched or roasted(can sub frozen, thawed, only, no need to cook it) shopping list
- about 2 cups loosely packed leaf lettuce, torn shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- favorite season salt blend(mine is salt, pepper, garlic and onion) shopping list
For Creamy green onion Dressing
- about 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup buttermilk(to desired consistency, I liked this just a lil thicker than a usual salad dressing) shopping list
- 1 heaping T Dijon shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped(green and white) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
For ciabatta Croutons
- about 1/4lb ciabatta bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes(I used whole grain ciabatta "rolls", and I only used 2 rolls, total) shopping list
- 4T butter shopping list
- 2T dried dill weed(or sub about 1/4 cup fresh, chopped) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Place tomatoes in large bowl and drizzle with lemon juice then sprinkle with a lil of the season salt blend.
- Toss well and set aside.
For Ciabatta Croutons
- Melt butter.
- Add dill and garlic and mix well.
- Pour over bread cubes and toss to coat
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes until golden brown
For Creamy Green Onion Dressing
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
To Prepare Salad
- Drain tomatoes and add corn and lettuce to bowl of tomatoes.
- If refrigerating and serving later, add about half of the dressing and toss well.
- Add crumbled bacon, croutons and remaining dressing at serving
- If serving immediately, just add the dressing and toss, then add the bacon and croutons.