Nacho Pork Chops And Refried BeansFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 inch thick) shopping list
- 1 packet store-bought or batch of your favorite homemade taco seasoning (I use Best Ever taco seasoning Mix) shopping list
- 2 cups (or more) crushed Kettle brand TIAS Nacho Cheddar chips, or your favorite flavor, or Doritos if you prefer shopping list
- 1 egg whisked with 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans shopping list
- 1 tbsp bacon grease shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes shopping list
- sea salt, to taste shopping list
- cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a baking rack on top of a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Rub taco seasoning into each side of all chops. Dip in egg wash then press into chips to coat well. Add chops to skillet and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer chops to prepared rack. Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145-150. Remove from oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Mash beans in a bowl with potato masher. Add onion and some sea salt and mix to combine. In a skillet, heat oil and bacon grease over medium heat. Add beans and stir constantly until heated through. Top with cheese when serving.
- This went perfectly with salsa verde. Also could have added a squirt of fresh lime, a sprinkle of chopped cilantro, and a side of avocado.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!