Sloppy JosésFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2lbs ground lean mean(beef, venison, chicken, etc) shopping list
- 1 large or 2 medium bell peppers, diced shopping list
- 16oz Mexican spicy tomato sauce shopping list
- 1T Mexican spice blend(I recommend Latin Inspired spice Mix, from here, link is in the directions! :) shopping list
For guacamole sour cream Spread/Dip
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1-2 ripe avocados shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, diced shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lime shopping list
- 1T grated onion shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced, if desired(I don't use tomato :) shopping list
- shredded lettuce, grated pepperjack or cojack cheese, sliced green onions, diced tomato, sliced black or green olives shopping list
- cornbread buns, there are recipes online, if you want to make your own. :) IE http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Golden-Cornmeal-yeast-buns shopping list
How to make it
- Cook meat in medium skillet until just done. Don't brown.
- (Add peppers about halfway through cooking the meat.)
- Drain slightly, if needed(you want a small amount of grease left in the pan...I used venison and didn't have to drain)
- Add tomato sauce and seasoning(Latin Inspired Spice Mix)
- Add salt, if needed, depending on sauce and seasoning.
- Serve on cornmeal buns topped with the toppings and the guacamole/sour cream spread, below.
For Guacamole Sour Cream Spread/Dip
- Mash avocado well with lime juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and fold together until well mixed
- Refrigerate until ready for use.