Mint Ice Cream With Chocolate ChipsFrom joachim98 4 years ago
How to make it
- Milk, sugar, salt, chopped mint leaves and half the cream is heated without boiling. Remove from heat and stand at least 30 minutes and cool.
- Pour the now half cold liquid through a sieve back into saucepan. Warm it up a bit, but not more than 60 degrees.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl and add the liquid sloooowly, so the egg yolks do not coagulate. When mixed, pour it all back into pot and heat gently until the mixture thickens. You can feel it and it makes a different sound when you stir it. Be careful not to heat it too much! Never more than 80-85 degrees.
- Remove from heat and pour the remaining cream in. Put the mass in the fridge and cool down completely. Then pour it into your ice maker. The last 15 seconds, add chopped chocolate pieces. Serve immediately or set it in the freezer.
The Cookjoachim98 Horsens, Denmark
The Rating1 people
After doing the ingredient conversions(and double checking before reviewing :), I set out to make this recipe. I have fresh peppermint and spearmint, but I chose to use spearmint because I've never had spearmint ice cream, and I prefer spearmint t...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
LOVE fresh mint and ice cream... lovely recipe. Would probably use a dark chocolate bar, shaved, if that's okay... am not a chocolate fan. :)keni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!