Fresh Edamame SaladFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained OR about 1 cup cooked, from dry shopping list
- 1 can chickpeas(garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained shopping list
- about 3 cups shelled edamame(soybeans), raw or cooked(frozen is okay, just thaw them) shopping list
- 2 medium bell peppers, diced shopping list
- 1-2 fresh jalapenos, diced shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced shopping list
- about 1 cup diced, fresh tomatoes(can also use grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 limes shopping list
- 1/4 cup salad oil shopping list
- 2-3T red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2-1T honey shopping list
- 1t ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2t ground coriander shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly torn shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Toss diced onion with juice from 1 lime. Set aside while preparing remaining ingredients.(this isn't necessary but I think it's a great way to reduce the bite from raw onions. I do this for salsa too :)
- Combine all 3 beans, peppers and tomatoes in large serving bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine garlic, juice from 1 remaining lime, zest from 1/2 a lime, honey, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Mix well then whisk in oil until well combined.
- Add onion, with the soaking juice, to the bean/veggies then pour over the dressing.
- Toss well to combine. Taste and add more lime juice, salt and/or pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately, if desired, but it's better if chilled for a couple hours.
- (I add cilantro just before serving, but you can add it after the dressing, if you prefer)