Roasted Garlic Onion JamFrom bojangles42 5 years ago
- 6 cups onion, thinly sliced (I like the sweet onions for this) shopping list
- 2 heads of garlic with the tops cut off to expose the ends of the cloves shopping list
- 3 + 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup water or chicken stock shopping list
- 1 T + 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 T balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 teas thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 package sure jell for low or sugar free recipes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Place the garlic heads on a piece of heavy tinfoil
- Pour 1/2 of a T of olive oil over the cut end and salt and pepper
- Loosely wrap in the foil and bake for 45 minute or until the garlic is browning and the cloves squeeze out easily and are soft and buttery. Cool
- In a medium pot bring the 3 T of olive oil up to saute meadium heat and add the onion.
- Saute until the onions are are soft and have started to caramelize.
- Sprinkle with the T. of sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook until the onion are darkened and soft.
- Squeeze out the roasted garlic and mash to form a soft puree.
- Stir into the onion.
- Add the stock, vinegars, thyme, and sugar
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer
- Cook until the liquid reduced by half.
- Taste and adjust seasonings (vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper)
- Stir in the Sure Jell and return to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!