White Bean And Sausage SoupFrom midgelet 1 year ago
- 1 pkg, 1 lb white beans ( any variety of choice ) shopping list
- 12 cups water or beef or chicken stock shopping list
- 3 large carrots shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1/4 bunch of celery shopping list
- 1 large green or red bell pepper shopping list
- several large garlic cloves shopping list
- salt, pepper, dry marjoram to taste shopping list
- 1 lb. sausage ( sweet or hot ) casings removed shopping list
- Variations: some chopped kale or spinach or small cooked pasta shopping list
How to make it
- How long to make, does not include soaking of the beans
- Soak beans covered water overnight.
- Next day drain and rinse.
- Place beans in stock pot and cover with 12 cups water or stock of choice. Add cubed or diced vegetables and garlic.
- Bring to a boil and cover and simmer until vegetables and beans are tender.
- Cook sausage in a pan with a little water until meat is no longer pink. Crumble or break up with a fork.
- Drain any fat .
- I use turkey sausage and there is little fat and nothing to drain.
- Add crumbled sausage to soup pot and cook and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish soup if desired with fried bread croutons and/or fresh chopped parsley.
- Makes enough soup for 12 servings.
- Freezes well so I use 1/2 and freeze the remainder.
- Variations: add some cooked small pasta to the soup or some chopped fresh chopped kale or spinach if you wish.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Love a hearty soup I will probally add kale and spinach and some pasta cause they all sound to good to leave out
Thanks for the post this the time for a hot hearty soup
RRrescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it