Bbq BunsFrom Yinhomemade 2 years ago
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 1 portion of basic Bao yeast dough - (Click link for my old post on Bao dough) http://yinhomemade.blogspot.com/2011/07/steamed-buns-baozipao.html shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 tbsp. oil shopping list
- 3 shallots, flatten shopping list
- 350g Char Siu (BBQ pork), diced shopping list
- 3 tbsp. roasted sesame seeds (optional) shopping list
- SEASONING: shopping list
- 120ml water shopping list
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce shopping list
- ½ tbsp. dark soya sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour shopping list
- 1tbsp. corn flour shopping list
- ½ tbsp. plain flour shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Divide dough into portions of 40g each and shape into balls.
- 2. Heat up oil, sauté shallots until fragrant.
- 3. Discard fried shallots and pour in mixed seasoning, keep stirring until thick and boiling.
- 4. Add in BBQ pork, Char Siu, sesame seeds and mix well.
- 5. Dish up and leave to cool before using.
- 6. Roll dough into round shape, add 1 tbsp. of filling and form into a pau.
- 7. Line Pau with a piece of white paper.
- 8. Steam with high heat for 10 minutes until pau is cooked. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!