Slow Cooker Pork And Mushroom VindalooFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 1/2lbs boneless pork loin, cubed shopping list
- 1lb fresh mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2-4 fresh jalapeno, or similar pepper, diced shopping list
- about 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1t whole cumin seeds, toasted, if desired shopping list
- 1t whole coriander seeds, toasted, if desired shopping list
- 2 cardamom pods shopping list
- 1T mustard seeds, toasted, if desired shopping list
- 1 1inch cinnamon stick shopping list
- 2t whole peppercorns shopping list
- 1inch fresh ginger, peeled shopping list
- 1t garam masala shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
- fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In spice grinder or using a mortar and pestle, grind cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cardamom pods, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, and ginger into powder.
- Add garlic, garam masala, vinegar and salt and pulse again to blend well.(I ground my spices in my grinder, then transferred them to my mini food processor to combine with the garlic, etc, for easier clean up for my spice grinder :)
- In medium glass bowl, toss pork pieces with the spice paste/mixture.
- Let sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours(no more, for safety reasons!) or in the fridge for up to over night.
- Add onions, mushrooms, tomato, tomato sauce and peppers to slow cooker.
- Add marinated pork and all the sauce/juice.
- Cook on low heat up to 6 hours, until cooked through. You can take the lid off for the last 30 minutes or so, if needed, for a thicker sauce.
- Serve over rice with fresh cilantro to garnish.