Spinach Crust PizzaFrom huckleberrypie 8 years ago
- 1 10 oz. package chopped frozen spinach, thawed shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded mozarrella cheese shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 clove crushed garlic shopping list
- Toppings to taste (i.e. fresh mushrooms, olives, zucchini, etc.) shopping list
How to make it
- Drain excess moisture from spinach.
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in spinach, cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in milk then egg until mixed.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt. Stir in spinach mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Grease a 12" pizza pan, cover with wax paper. Roll with rolling pin into an even layer. With floured fingers press dough around edge to form rim.
- Bake crust in preheated oven 450 degree oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle crust with 1/2 of cheese, spoon w/sauce, add garlic and toppings, and sprinkle remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookhuckleberrypie Scotts Valley, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!