Oven Braised ChickenFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 4 leg/thigh combos (left attached to each other) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (I used a Sauv Blanc) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup homemade or low-sodium chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken, skin side up, in a cold skillet. Turn on the heat and once they begin to sizzle, add the olive oil, then add the wine. Allow them to cook until the wine burns off; add the chicken broth; and sprinkle the herbs over the top. Place in the oven and cook, for about 45 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil the tops of the chicken until browned. Remove the chicken to a warm platter (or keep warm in the oven) and reduce the liquid in the pan to about 1/4. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
- Per Serving: (with skin, and we all know that if you remove the skin these numbers go down, but what's the fun in that?) 472 Calories; 32g Fat (8g Sat, 15g Mono, 6g Poly); 38g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0mg Dietary Fiber; 155mg Cholesterol; 489mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!