Apple ClafoutiFrom Good4U 5 years ago
- 4 cups of apples, peeled, cored and cut into pieces. Any cooking apple will do just fine. (Northern Spy, Cortland, Spartan or Granny Smith for example) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- A pinch of salt shopping list
- butter enough to saute apples and butter the pan. shopping list
- You may want to add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Optional. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter baking pan or large pie plate.
- In a frying pan, saute apples in butter until tender. Place apples in baking pan or pie plate evenly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and flour. Add milk, vanilla and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture over apples and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. According to taste, serve warm or cold, with custard or ice cream. Keeps well in the fridge if there is any left!