Stuffed Pepper CasseroleFrom mark555 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400
- Add rice, water salsa, bullion cook according to directions.
- Brown ground beef
- Let cool and break up (I do it fairly fine so it will spread over the pan)
- Saute onion and green pepper.
- Spray a 9x13 pan
- Layer the 1/2 sauteed onions and peppers, 1/2 rice, ground beef, rest of the rice and rest of the 1/2 sauteed onions and peppers.
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes until cheese is melted.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- kennadlovley Portland, OR
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
The Rating1 people
Really!? 5 cups pre-cooked rice!? How much is that after it is cooked? I've never used instant rice before. Long grain white rice, using the 1,2,3 rule comes out to 15 cups of cooked rice. I don't think all that stuff is going to fit into a 9x13 cass...more
OK. Thanks for the info. I don't mind simmering up the long grain rice whilst I saute the peppers and onions, then the ground cow. It should come out just right time wise. Going to make this Tuesday after coming back from the Farmers Market.
Nice casserole with a southwestern flair.
See Stuffed Pepper Casserole for more mastication memories.