Ham And Cheese Biscuits With Peach GravyFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3 cups AP flour shopping list
- 2T baking powder shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 6T solid shortening(lard, bacon grease or shortening work) shopping list
- 1 heaping cup chopped ham shopping list
- 1 heaping cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 fresh peaches, peeled and diced shopping list
- 5T butter, divided shopping list
- 1-2T honey shopping list
- 4 cups half and half shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup flour or 1/4-1/3 cup corn starch shopping list
How to make it
- In cast iron or oven safe skillet, melt 2T butter in oven while preheating to 400.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add ham and cheese and toss to mix.
- Cut in shortening until a coarse, somewhat "crumb like" texture is achieved. The ham and cheese will cause this to be slightly different texture than other biscuits,so don't worry too much about that.
- Add milk, as needed, til just combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX
- Drop by LARGE spoonfuls into prepared skillet. They don't need to be pretty and they can touch. It doesn't matter :)
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare peach gravy:
- Melt butter in deep skillet or pan, over low heat.
- Add peaches and honey and cook, stirring occasionally, to soften the peaches and just very slightly caramelize them.
- Do not drain.
- Add flour or cornstarch to peaches and stir until coated.
- Slowly add half and half and heat to just under boiling, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Serve over warm biscuits