Lemon Sandwich CookiesFrom michellem 2 years ago
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- sanding sugars shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1tbs. grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. beat together butter and powdered sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in zest and vanilla. At low speed, mix in flour mixture just until a soft dough forms. Put sanding sugars in bowls. Roll a scant tsp. of dough into a ball and drop into sugar, turning to coat. reshape if necessary and transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat, spacing balls 3/4 " apart. bake until tops are slightly cracked but still pale, about 12-15 minutes. Bottoms will be pale golden. Cool cookies on a rack completely.
- Beat together the filling ingredients until well combined. Put filling on half of the cookies(about 1 tsp) then sandwich with remaining cookies. Press gently.
- Store in a container at room temperature for 4 days.
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
- Not added to any groups yet!