Slow Cooker Beef And Black Bean Stew With Cornmeal DumplingsFrom frankieanne 4 years ago
- 1 lb. beef stew meat shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with green chili, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning mix (I always seem to have an open one of these!) shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 8.5 oz. can whole kernel corn shopping list
- For cornmeal dumplings: shopping list
- 1 cup of cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup of milk shopping list
- 1 Tbs butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Line your slow cooker pot with a liner for easier clean up. Also, there isn’t much moisture in this and I think it helps.
- Mix beef, tomatoes, onions and chili powder in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix using a wire whisk. Stir in black beans and corn. Cover and turn to high.
- Make the dumplings:
- Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the dry ingredients. Stir in the melted butter. Mix all together until smooth. Spoon batter onto the stew. Cover and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- bwillson Nowhere, Us
- blackpondoutfitters Alto Pass, IL
- justlikemikey Nowhere, Us
- prawnybucket Maidstone, United Kingdon
- hungrynow Corralitos, CA
- kromano Central, Tx
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookfrankieanne North Northern, California
The Rating1 people
not sure what I did wrong-the cornmeal was a mess! It never cooked between the top and the stew itself. I think next time I'll just make a side of cornbread :) The stew was excellent thoughkromano in Central loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!