Spicy Margarita MusselsFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3lbs fresh mussels scrubbed and debearded shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 9 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- about 8-10 chili peppers, diced(jalapenos, Serrano, Anaheims, banana, etc) shopping list
- 2t Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 3 shots tequila shopping list
- 2 limes, juiced shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into wedges shopping list
- several sprigs of fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In large stock pot, or similar, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and and cook about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes until fragrant and onion and peppers are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients(but just use the juice from 2 limes) and cover.
- Steam until mussels just open(6-8 minutes).
- Remove mussels to a heat proof serving bowl, set aside.
- Heat sauce to boiling and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour over the mussels.
- Serve with lime wedges and rounds or pieces of crusty bread for dipping!
- (I garnished with lemon slices for the pic, cus I wedged my last lime and it didn't look pretty :)