Southwest Chicken ChowderFrom otterpond 2 years ago
- 3 fried slices Low Sodium Bacon* shopping list
- 1 russet potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup onions shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 medium stalks celery shopping list
- 1 1/2 tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 peppers w Chipotle Pepper In adobo sauce shopping list
- 1 cup red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 cup Cut asparagus spears (Canned - Low Sodium) shopping list
- 1 tsp guar gum shopping list
- 2/3 cup Niblets sweet corn shopping list
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese With jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 3 cups Premium Chunk chicken shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the potato, onion and red bell pepper, mince the jalapeno and garlic and let sweat.
- Chop the bacon and fry up then add the potato onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic to soften and saute.
- Dice the tomato and toss with the parsely, chopped asparagus, can of corn, ground cumin and choptle pepper.
- Shred the monterey jack.
- In a large stock pot Heat the chicken stock and whisk in the cream and guar to thicken slightly. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
- I fixed up all the components then combined in a crock pot and let simmer on high for four hours. If you do this stove top I recommend simmering for at least an hour stirring frequently.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/southwest-chicken-chowder/