Spinach, Artichoke, Mushroom CasseroleFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 4 cups salted water shopping list
- 2 bags fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 1 cup slice fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned artichokes shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped fried bacon shopping list
- 1 cup Mushroom Mornay Sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup ground seasoned croutons shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground almond shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375
- Set the salted water to boil. Dump the two bags of spinach into the boiling water. Immerse the leaves then almost immediately, use a large mesh strainer to remove the spinach to a colander to drain well. Purpose of this step is to blanch the spinach so it keeps its nice green color.
- *** Note: I was making a turkey and the carcass was going to be made into stock so I kept the lovely green spinach water for the stock.
- Take out a big mixing bowl. Slice the mushrooms and artichokes and toss them in the bowl with the bacon. After the spinach is well drained, gently chop it and add it to the bowl. Pour the Mushroom Mornay Sauce over top and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a glass casserole. You can let this set for a day ahead of time in the refrigerator. Just before baking you add the topping.
- Using a blender or food processor, chop up the croutons and mix well with the ground almonds and spread on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes COVERED to get everything bubbling. Remove the cover and cook an additional 10 minutes until the top is nicely browned and you can see the sauce bubbling.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/spinach-artichoke-mushroom-casserole/