Cheesecake BrowniesFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped (I used Scharffen Berger brand) shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large organic eggs, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Guittard brand) shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 large organic egg yolk shopping list
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, making sure it goes up all four sides. Grease lightly with canola oil.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and beat in the 2/3 cup sugar, then the eggs. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then the vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, the yolk, 5 tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Distribute the cream cheese mixture in eight dollops across the top of the brownie mixture, then take a dull knife or spatula and swirl the cream cheese mixture with the chocolate batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the batter in the center of the pan feels just set. Let cool, then lift out the foil and peel it away. Cut the brownies into squares (they are VERY rich so I did 12 squares).
- Storage: These will keep in an airtight container for a couple of days. They also freeze well, too.