George Washington's EggnogFrom otterpond 5 years ago
How to make it
- Mix the liquor first. Then separate the whites and yolks of eggs and add sugar to the beaten yolks. Mix well.
- Mix well. Add the liquor mixture drop by drop at first while slowly beating the mixture.
- Add the milk and cream and continue slowly beating the mixture.
- Beat whites of eggs until stiff and fold slowly into the mixture.
- Let set in a cool place for several days and taste frequently. If nothing else, the recipe is guaranteed to produce a genial host.
- This is not mentioned in the original recipe, however, our family likes to top the cup with freshly ground nutmeg.
- This is a nice write-up which discusses the history of the recipe which I found on another site.
The Cookotterpond Windermere, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!