Christmas Eve Oyster BisqueFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1lb cooked oysters(canned are fine) WITH the juices shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 8-12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1t ground celery(or celery powder) shopping list
- several dashes hot sauce(this doesn't make it hot...just SOO good with the creaminess!) shopping list
- 1t Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 6 cups half and half shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large dutch oven or soup pot.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat, about 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Add mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Add flour and stir, continuing to heat over medium, until bubbly and flour is all gooey and coated with the butter. This should only take a couple minutes.
- Add oysters and their juice, ground celery, Old Bay and salt and pepper.
- Increase heat slightly and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce and add half and half and continue to cook, stirring often, until thickened and heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley at serving.
- Do not over cook, or the oysters will get tough. Remember, they are already cooked. :)