Pesto Caprese Lasagna RollsFrom icecreamuffin 4 years ago
- 1 box lasagna noodles (about 18 noodles) shopping list
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds shopping list
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds shopping list
- A bunch of fresh basil leaves (at least 36, two for each roll) shopping list
for the pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped shopping list
- salt & black pepper, to taste shopping list
- about 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook lasagna according to the box's directions (boil water, cook about 8 minutes, etc.) After draining the lasagna noodles, rinse them off with cool water so that you are able to handle them.
for the pesto
- Pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic, & parmesan in a food processor until it starts to form a paste. Add in the olive oil, a bit at a time, until you get a smooth, but still thick consistency (it should still stick to a spoon). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay out the lasagna noodles next to each other and create an assembly line with the ingredients. First spread a thin layer of pesto on each noodle to act as the glue. Then place a slices of tomato and mozzarella (as much as will fit) onto the pesto. Top with two basil leaves and roll up tightly. Continue until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Arrange on a platter. You may wish to skewer the rolls with toothpicks for easier access, or simply fork & knife 'em.
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!