Lemon Pepper Pork In Mushroom Diane SauceFrom keni 1 year ago
- 2lbs boneless pork tenderloin, loin, steak or chops shopping list
- ~3T lemon pepper seasoning(If you don't make your own, please note the salt content, if any, before adding more salt, as directed below) shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon(I used the zest for my lemon pepper seasoning :) shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter(I know, but...yumm!!!!) shopping list
- 1 large red onion, diced shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup Dijon shopping list
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rub pork with the lemon pepper and grill, or broil, as desired, until internal temp is at about 145-150(we like to eat ours at 150-155, but pork is safe at 145)...just do not over cook!
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium heavy skillet(I used cast iron)
- Add onion and cook, stirring ocassionally, for about 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook another 5 or so.
- Add Dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice and a lil salt and pepper.
- Let simmer about 10 minutes or so, or until you take the pork off the grill to rest.
- Add cream and heat just to heat through and thicken slightly.
- Slice pork, if necessary, and arrange over a spoonful of the sauce.
- Or spoon some over the top, instead. Or, do both!