Peppered Cheese SauceFrom optimistic1_2 3 years ago
- 2 tb butter shopping list
- 4 tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper (pepper grinder loosened off so you have large pepper grounds) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 cup of grated really old cheddar (I use baldersan 10 year old cheddar) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of fresh grated parmesean shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of dry mustard shopping list
- dash of worchestershire sauce. shopping list
- extra pepper in the end shopping list
How to make it
- melt butter over low heat add pepper and salt
- add flour and cook a few minutes stirring constantly (You want a walnut shell color)
- whisk milk in a bit at a time.
- turn up heat to med.
- whisk constantly till creamy texture, and thickened (will take a bit)
- add cheeses and whisk till cheese is melted and sauce looks creamy. remove from heat
- add mustard and worchesterschire. whisk
- I add more black pepper, is a family preference.
- I serve this with steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
- This sauce reheats well.
The Cookoptimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!