Mint-chocolate Dipped Shortbread CookiesFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup AP flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate but use what you like) shopping list
- 1 tsp peppermint extract shopping list
- 3 mini candy canes, crushed shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter, sugars, and extract until fluffy - at least 10 minutes. Combine flour and salt and slowly incorporate into butter mixture. Form dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into a log and gently slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Place on lined baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Transfer to cooling rack, reserving parchment lined sheets.
- Once cookies are fully cooled, place half of chocolate chips in a small microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until creamy and smooth, mixing well after each interval. Stir in half of mint extract and dip half of each cookie in chocolate. Transfer back to lined sheet and sprinkle with candy pieces. Continue with half of cookies. Repeat process until all are dipped and sprinkled with candy. Place sheets in fridge for about 30 minutes until chocolate is set. Store cookies in an airtight container.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!