Stir Fried RiceFrom clewing 9 years ago
- 3 cups rice shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ cup oil shopping list
- ½ cup green onions shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic pressed, through garlic press shopping list
- ½ cup soy sauce shopping list
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten well shopping list
How to make it
- Place rice, water and salt in rice cooker or large pot with a tight fitting lid. If using rice cooker, allow to cook normally. If using a large pot, bring to a rapid boil, stir once, put lid on and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Allow rice to cool completely.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Stir fry green onions and garlic, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add rice (break it up with your hands as you add it to the frying pan) and stir rice until it has all had a chance to cook in the hot oil.
- Add the soy sauce and frozen peas and carrots (this is my preference, you can use any type of vegetable or cooked meat that you like).
- Stir well, reduce heat, put a lid on it and cook, stirring a couple times, about 10 minutes.
- Pour egg into hot rice. I like to drizzle it all through it, allow to cook one or two minutes, and stir once more before removing from heat and serving. Some prefer to make a well in the middle of the rice, let the egg cook and then stir into the rice.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookclewing Lawton, OK
- Not added to any groups yet!